Nelson Family Law opened its doors in 2008 and has been proudly serving the community focusing exclusively on family since then.
Patricia brings over twenty years of family law experience to each client whether the issues are financially complex involving high net worth clients, self-employed parties, salaried clients, property division, child and spousal support, parenting and high conflict parenting along with paternity cases.
Patricia uses a multi-disciplinary and considered approach to address issues for lasting results. Business valuators, specialized accountants/finance professionals, medical health professionals and parenting experts are examples of the experts called on to assist in the resolution process. Patricia prefers to use mediation or mediation/arbitration to resolve matters, but if that is inappropriate court may be necessary – Patricia does that too. The most prudent resolution avenue is carefully examined and together with the client, his or her strategy is developed.
Patricia is a member of the International Professional Women’s Association, she is recognized by “Marquis Who’s Who” as a notable professional because of her contribution to the legal community and to professional women.
Together with running a busy practice, Patricia has lectured at the Ontario Bar Association, she is a regular guest on, “Straight Talk Family Law Radio”, a returning guest on “Divorcing Well”, she also lectures high school and college students in career studies, mentors college and university students in career studies and she is an advisory coach with CAN (Law Society of Ontario).
Authored papers include:
- The Use of Forensics and DNA in Building and Dismantling Court Cases
- The Future Use of DNA Forensics in the Courtroom
- A medicolegal paper on the development and treatment of PTSD in child victims of severe parental alienation
- In a more academic stream, Patricia has written on the impact to international security, economies of scale, and the possibility of civil insurrection stemming from global unrest combined with the interwoven relationship between unlikely regimes. This focus on international relations is a personal interest she focuses on when taking a break from the law.
Patricia’s volunteer projects include:
- An active Advisor with CAN for the Law Society of Ontario
- Ministry of Health committees with a focus on improving the delivery of health care services to the community.
- Peel Law Association
- Law Society of Ontario
Aghna Shafiq – Legal Assistant
Aghna is well positioned to serve our clients by drawing on her studies at Seneca College in Office Administration and many years of experience in customer service.
Focusing on client’s needs and applying her attention to detail is where Aghna shines and her communication, interpersonal and administrative skills are evidence of this. She is fluent in English, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.
Aghna is available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by telephone or email at email@example.com.
In her spare time when Aghna is taking a break from the law, she is an avid reader of Mystery and Whodunit novels and she is an accomplished artist.
Mississauga’s Family Law Firm
At Nelson Family Law our focus is family law. We have provided client centered legal services exclusively in family law since 2008 and have established a solid reputation serving the community locally and province wide.